So, thoughts from 2009.. Resolutions in Review:
- Bring at least one entrepreneurial enterprise from sketchpad to market
- success! I designed, created, and sold Hack The Badge boards this year.
- Earn at least $100,000 and invest at least $30,000
- success! By taking a job with a start up in Austin, TX (smooth-stone) and diverse investing in my 401k, real estate, and stocks, I have reached this goal.
- Learn to properly play the third movement of the Moonlight Sonata from end to finish
- fail 🙁 Unfortunately, I am still stumbling in the midsection of this piece. I hope that I will have more time to practice it and get better.
- Lose 50 pounds and go out and walk at least every other day
- partial fail I am going and exercising every other day on a treadmill or walking. However, this did not result in any weight loss. The new medication I’m on (statin) has even resulted in a bit of water-weight gain. Poo.
- Bike at least once a week
- success! I am using the stationary bike at the gym at least once a week. I definitely feel stronger, and able to ride longer distances. My recent bout with bronchitis makes this a real challenge.
- Draw at least one webcomic a week, and post it here
- fail 🙁 Turns out, I really, really, REALLY suck at drawing. I’ve got a big ol stack of ideas though, so I may try to make this a 2010 resolution.
- Write in this blog at least once a day, every day, for 365 days.
- success! I switched from posting in this blog to posting in Plurk (microblogging site) and have successfully done it for every day in the year. Four quotes a day, for 365 days. WOOT!
Not too bad .. not too bad at all.