Went to the doc, found out that by coughing hard I cracked a rib
I found source code for a project I thought I had lost (yay!)
… and found a melted chocolate bar on the floor of the car (ugh!)
Negotiated a contract for a couple hours on the phone
Went to Harry’s Hofbrau in Redwood City to have dinner with the Hackers
So, all in all a very productive kind of day considering I’m still getting over the flu, eh?
The best part of the day was being able to work on secret project X and realizing that it’s basically a robotics project.Â No matter how exotic things get, it’s still down to Proportional Integral Derivative control, and the storing and playback of motor patterns.Â That gave me a good reason to dance, at least mentally.
So, here’s hoping that I get over the last symptoms of this flu soon.Â Temperature was 99.9 on the thermometer last I checked.Â Not great, but at least it’s a low-level fever.Â If it doesn’t break by tomorrow, I’ll consider another checkup w/ the doc.
From ordering to at my doorstep? One day. Amazing. I took a photo of the atmel AVR168 based Baby Orangutan B-168 on the keyboard of the lenovo S10 for a size comparison. It’s about the size of two dimes .. but can do 3A worth of motor control.
Project secret with Ani continues, and I’m headed back to the techshop with two gallons of RDX silicone to make molds of the prototypes.Â Also, a sheet of 1/2″ acrylic sheet … and some urethane casting resin … and a bag full of microcontroller parts.
I’ll post pictures of some of the fun bits, assuming I don’t ruin the camera in the process.
I’m working with a friend (Ani) on a new project to control something with an arduino.Â It involves motors, midi, hardware and software.Â To make it easy to work with the Arduino LilyPad, I’ve mounted it on an acrylic base that I whipped up at the TechShop in about half an hour.Â Â Sometimes things just come together so well, I can believe in little perfections.Â Â Here’s the finished product: